Songs:
"Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZyuULy9zs
I'd choose this song because it talks about the lynching in the racist south. I could imagine this song being played when they talk about the night men.
"A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbO2_077ixs
I chose this song because it highlights the struggles of the black race during the first half of the 1900s. I would use this song because the characters in this story are on this journey that Cooke is talking about in his song. I'd probably close out my show with this song, because it is so powerful and leaves a feeling of triumph.
"Imagine" by John Lennon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs&feature=related
This is one of my favorite songs of all time. This song is more about war than being about outright racsim as the other two are, but I think the war against racism can definitely relate to this song. I would use this song as the opening song - to get people's attention and bring their emotions out.
Actors/Actresses:
Cassie - Willow Smith
Stacey - Leon Thomas III
Little Man - Jaden Smith
T.J. - Carlos Knight
Mama - Angela Basset
Papa - Denzel Washington
Big Ma - Eartha Kitt (read her bio, that's why I chose her)
Mr. Morrison - Michael Clarke Duncan
Granger - Dan Aykroyd
Hammer - Morgan Freeman (why not, right?)
Stage Design:
I would want my stage to look like a plantation from the old south, with desolate roads and lots of cotton fields in the background.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete